The Lilydome Waterless Urinal Waste System uses unique technology which is environmentally friendly and cost effective, doing away with water consumption associated with urinals. Lilydome puts a stop to urinal flooding and provides better hygiene as well as an odour-free restroom. The unique Lilydome system can be fitted to nearly all conventional urinals, without the need to replace the bowl.
Waterless Urinal Waste Systems
How It Works
One of the key benefits of Lilydome waterless urinal waste systems is that customers find them very easy to install. You can fit the unique Lilydome system to nearly all conventional urinals, without the need to replace the bowl. Lilydome replaces the standard urinal trap seal with a disposable one that contains a specially formulated valve, trapping odours away. Lilydome equipped urinals are plumbed into the waste lines, but do not require a water supply. The result is a Lilydome waterless urinal waste system that uses unique technology, which is environmentally friendly and cost effective, doing away with water consumption associated with urinals. Lilydome puts a stop to urinal flooding and provides better hygiene as well as an odour-free restroom.
Lilydome is More Hygienic and Less Odorous
Restrooms installed with Lilydome waterless urinal waste systems are more hygienic and less odorous than conventional restrooms for two reasons.
- No water means no breeding ground for bacteria. Lime-scale in flush-water deposits an absorbent layer, within which odour causing bacteria can develop. Lilydome waterless urinal waste systems, by contrast, have no such layer. It is also important to note that male urine is sterile, unless the individual has a kidney infection. In several studies, bacteria counts in restrooms with waterless urinals were significantly lower than those with manual or auto-flush urinals.
- There’s little chance of bacteria transfer as once the Lilydome waterless waste system is fitted it is touch-free.
Lilydome Saves Money
Using fresh water to dispose of wastewater is clearly a flawed system, not only in terms of the environmental drawbacks, but also from an economic standpoint. Lilydome waterless urinal waste systems save you money in three important ways.
- Purchase Price: Lilydome costs less to purchase and install than conventional flushing urinals. This is largely due to the fact that the only plumbing required is a drainage outlet. This typically takes less than an hour to install. The cartridge itself takes just seconds to install. For installation instructions, click here.
- Operating Costs: You save 100% on the cost of using water to flush urinals and 100% on sewer charges, both of which are steadily on the rise.
- Maintenance Costs: Lilydome reduces costs associated with maintenance of conventional urinals dramatically. Lilydome waterless urinal systems only require the cartridge to be changed periodically along with a normal cleaning routine. Because no hard water is running through the pipes, they remain free of calcification. This drastically reduces the need to clean the pipes. In addition, the cost of transporting water to and from urinals is reduced.
Lilydome Avoids Blockages
Firstly, Lilydome waterless urinal waste systems utilise a cartridge that collects debris so that there is less chance of a blockage forming within the waste pipes. Secondly, the combination of lime-scale from water and urine entering the pipe in standard waste systems eventually builds up to form a hard scale. This build up eventually causes blockages and is particularly difficult to combat. Lilydome avoids this process, as it does not use water.