- Winter vegetable garden planting kit with seeded tape
- Quick and easy, with no guesswork
- Water-wise, requiring small amounts of water to germinate
- 5 x 850mm seed tape embedded with cabbage, lettuce, peas, spinach and beetroot
- Also includes 2 planting flower sachets
- Ready to harvest in 60 to 90 days
- Produces 40 vegetable servings
- Plants an area of 2 square meters
- Handmade in South Africa
- Biodegradable tape disintegrates within 6 weeks of watering
The tape helps to keep the seeds in place at the correct distance and depth, while also protecting them against pests while they germinate. Reel Gardening’s patented seed tape products were invented by a young South African woman, and are handmade locally by previously unemployed women, contributing to South African job creation.
- Best suited to planting in summer, autumn or the beginning of winter.
- Prepare the soil as needed. Make a small furrow in the soil, and plant each seed strip up to the white line.
- Place the strips vertically in the soil. The coloured portions should be visible above the ground.
- Pat down the soil around each strip to secure it.
- Add a little water daily, until the seeds start to germinate. After that, water every 2 to 3 days.
Note: Unplanted seed tape will keep for 18 months if stored in a cool, dry place.
Biodegradable paper tape printed with vegetable starch ink, embedded with non-chemically treated seeds and natural fertiliser.