- Windowsill vegetable garden planting kit with seeded tape
- Quick and easy, with no guesswork
- Water-wise, requiring small amounts of water to germinate
- 5 x 425mm seed tape embedded with carrot, spinach, beans, tomato and lettuce
- Also includes 2 companion planting flower sachets
- Ready to harvest in 60 to 90 days
- Plants an area of 1 square meter
- Handmade in South Africa
- Biodegradable tape disintegrates within 6 weeks of watering
Reel Gardening seed strips protect the seeds against pests as they grow, while keeping them in place at the correct distance and depth. These patented seed strips were invented by a young South African woman, and are handmade locally by previously unemployed women.
- Best suited to planting in spring and summer.
- Prepare the soil as needed. Make a small furrow in the soil, and plant each seed strip up to the white line.
- Place the strips vertically in the soil. The coloured portions should be visible above the ground.
- Pat down the soil around each strip to secure it.
- Add a little water daily, until the seeds start to germinate. After that, water every 2 to 3 days.
Note: Unplanted seed tape will keep for 18 months if stored in a cool, dry place.
Biodegradable paper tape printed with vegetable starch ink, embedded with non-chemically treated seeds and natural fertiliser.