Your Bokashi kit includes:
- 1 x 25L food waste recycling bin with tap
- 1 x bin strainer
- 700g Earth Bokashi bran inside a 2.5L container
Benefits of Bokashi composting:
- Made using beneficial microbes
- A natural, safe and eco-friendly fermentation process
- Suitable for a wide range of food waste, including hard-to-compost foods
Bokashi composting utilises beneficial microorganisms which work to ferment food waste in an airtight composting bin.
After fermentation, the contents can be composted with your garden waste, trenched in your soil, used to rejuvenate potting soil or added to an earthworm farm. The process also creates a liquid called Bokashi tea, which can be diluted and used to nourish your plants.
- Collect your food scraps and layer them inside the bin with the Bokashi bran.
- Keep the bin airtight and securely sealed.
- You will use approximately 400-500g of Bokashi bran per 25L bin.
- Once the bin is full, allow it to stand for 2 weeks to allow for fermentation.
- After fermentation, the mixture can be used to enrich your soil.
- Fermented bokashi juice can be diluted 1:300 and used as a potent liquid fertiliser for your garden.
- Bokashi bran with indigenous South African microbes
- Bins are made from 100% recycled plastic